We Need You!
Harrodsburg Historical Society relies on financial support from local residents as well as supporters throughout the country who make up our historical community. Through continued donations and annual dues we are able to continue to preserve the stories, artifacts, and documents of history. We are a 501c3 Non-profit organization, so your donation is tax deductible and deeply appreciated.
Learn How to Help
We also depend on our wonderful volunteers locally to help us continue our work. We welcome you to join us!
"History does not belong to us, we belong to it."
- Hans-Georg Gadamer
Become a Member
Join the Harrodsburg Historical Society Today!
Become a part of history by helping to preserve and promote history in general and local history in particular. Aside from the joy of meeting other local, history-loving citizens, you will receive regular email updates on history-centric events, invitations to interesting programs (online and in person), and discounts on any online purchases.
- Lifetime Membership - $250
- Corporate Membership - $60
- Family Membership - $45
- Individual Membership - $30
- Student Membership - $10
Be a Sponsor
Sponsor Our Programs and Bring History to Life!
If you are a corporation, small company, or an individual with a special interest in supporting a particular aspect of local or regional history, we want to talk to you! Perhaps you are eager to help us continue to provide the best local history events and/or expand our exhibits? We are excited to discuss it! We would love to hear from you, help find the perfect sponsorship opportunity for you and add you to our special sponsors page.
- Sponsor an annual event
- Sponsor a specific single event
- Sponsor an in-person exhibit
- Sponsor our ongoing work to preserve and protect local history
- Tell us what area of history interests you and we will develop a sponsorship tailor-made for you
Make a Donation
Your Donation Makes Our Mission Possible
As a 501c3 organization, we survive on the generosity of our donors. If you are able, please consider a donation to help us preserve and promote local history.
- Make a one-time cash donation
- Set up automatic monthly donations
- Become a legacy donor by including us in your estate planning
Add to Our Collection
Donate Items of Historical Interest
Do you have historical items, information and/or artifacts that you would like to share? We would consider it an honor to care for such donations and make the available online (when possible) and accessible in person in our collections. If you have, or think you might have, an item of this type, give us a call to discuss your potential donation.
- Original letters, documents, journals, photos
- Video or audio files of local or regional historic nature
- Furniture, tools, portraits and other works of art
Volunteer Your Time
Roll Up Your Sleeves and Dig Into History
Our volunteers are the nicest people! Join them today to help preserve, research, promote and protect our local and national items of historical value and import. From applying your research skills to applying elbow grease to maintain historical sites, we need your help. Have special skills in event planning, genealogy, fundraising or a general love of history? We have a job for you!
- Serve on a committee that interests you
- Help us bring our events to fruition
- Use your research and preservation skills to help us with our collections (we can help you learn how!)
- Help us repair and maintain our facilities