Daniel Curry House
414 N. Main St., Harrodsburg, KY
Daniel Curry, a noted mid-19th century builder in Harrodsburg, bought the lot from the Harris heirs in 1857. Curry built the house and lived in it until 1862 when he sold it to Joseph H. Thompson. The house changed ownership many times before coming to P. Nolen Wilson in 1920. Wilson was the builder of the fort at Fort Harrod and of the Mercer County Courthouse. He and his family occupied the house during the period of the fort’s construction (1927). Wilson lived here until 1937. The Curry House is significant as an example of how Mercer County builders applied elements such as gothic windows, bargeboards, and board and batten from the Gothic Revival style to a single-pile central passage house.