John McGee House
685 Jackson Pike, Harrodsburg, KY
One of the oldest stone houses in Mercer County still stands on land originally included in a grant from Patrick Henry. John Jackson McGee, a Revolutionary War soldier, pioneer, and co-founder of New Providence Presbyterian Church, built it in 1790. A one story ell was added in 1825 with woodwork including rosette corner blocks, fluted pilasters, and mantels decorated with sunbursts, reeding and rope carving.