Matheny-Taylor House (Mansion Museum)
Old Fort Harrod State Park, 100 S. College St, Harrodsburg, KY
This house was built by Felix Matheny in 1810 and consists of a two story, three bay brick block. In 1830, James Taylor began work on the two story, five bay addition which faces College Street or US127. Major Taylor was instrumental in the preservation of the pioneer cemetery adjacent to the present reconstruction of the fort. The Taylor House is now used as a museum for the Fort Harrod State Park and contains exhibits and artifacts from the Revolutionary and Civil Wars.