New Providence Presbyterian Church
3301 Louisville Road, Salvisa, KY
The New Providence Presbyterian Church near Salvisa, Kentucky is a historic Greek Revival-style church built between 1862 and 1865. It is one of the oldest organized Presbyterian churches in the State. It is the fourth structure occupied by this congregation. A small belfry was added in the 1960s. Stylistically it represents the last phase of the Greek Revival country church, as yet uncorrupted (except perhaps in the linear shallowness of pilasters, capitals, and entablature) by the Italianate mode so prevalent after the Civil War.