Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill Historic District
3501 Lexington Rd., Harrodsburg, KY
In 1961, Shakertown at Pleasant Hill, Inc. was organized as a non-profit educational corporation to conserve and restore the Shaker buildings left from the original community. The corporation has restored 28 stone, frame and brick buildings. Shaker Village is arranged along the east-west axis of what was once the Lexington Turnpike. The first structures in 1808 were two log houses for elders. By the 1820s, the community grew to include a sawmill, fulling mill, meeting house, grist mill, dwellings, linseed oil mill, barns, and shops.