Harrodsburg Historical Society
The Harrodsburg Historical Society (HHS) is committed to providing an informative and enjoyable experience to our website visitors. Gathering certain information about visitors helps us meet your needs. HHS respects your privacy; this statement details how we gather and protect the personal information of our online visitors. Use of our site constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this policy.
- The HHS website, like most other sites, automatically gathers limited routine information about visitors. This is statistical, not personal, information. It may show what web pages are being used most frequently, for example. We may analyze the aggregated statistical information to improve our site, and we may share the statistics with other organizations.
- We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with the information. Some services on the site require that you furnish personal information, such as purchasing items from our online store or becoming a member of the HHS. In connection with these services, you may be asked to provide contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address), financial information (credit card type, number, and expiration date), and demographic information (zip code). Credit card information is used only for your intended purchase. Contact information is used only to respond to your inquiries or to send products and services you requested. If you became a member or requested periodic notifications about upcoming events, we will send you those notices. HHS does not share, exchange, sell, or rent any personal information gathered from its visitors. You may request that your contact information be removed from our mailing list at any time by contacting email@example.com, or phone (859)325-9028, or mail P.O. Box 316, Harrodsburg, KY 40330.
- Cookies are elements that a website maintains on an individual’s computer for record-keeping purposes. Cookies are an industry standard used by most websites. Cookies do not cause damage to your computer systems or files. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply.
- The security of your financial information (credit card type, number, and expiration date) is a primary concern of the HHS. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Credit card information is transmitted in an encrypted format to help protect it against unauthorized use. We use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
- The HHS will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without first gaining consent from a parent or guardian. If your child sends us an email with a question or request for information (such as information on Harrodsburg history for a school project), we will respond using his or her email, but we will not use it for any further communications. Children should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information to anyone online.
Links to other websites
- As a service to visitors, our website contains links to other sites pertinent to Kentucky history. The linked sites are not under the control of the HHS and we are not responsible for the privacy or the contents of any linked site.
- From time to time, there may be changes to our information gathering practices or the way our website functions. This statement will be updated accordingly, and we invite you to review this page periodically for the latest information.